Saturday, October 15, 2011

whiny little bitches

don't know much about occupying shit for sure. certainly feel like i was born into the richest percentage of the world. i'll most likely stay there, employed or not. i'm also fairly certain that i won't head to some sweet spacious park in new york with my fancy fucking computer in my fancy fucking toyota to complain about some dude having a ferrari.

i haven't seen a complete list of countries what's bein' occupied by the rich and all, but i'm gonna jump to conclusions and wager that they're all quite well off.

PRIVILEGED
1: having or enjoying one or more privileges
2: not subject to the usual rules or penalties because of some special circumstance; especially : not subject to disclosure in a court of law 

HYPOCRITE
1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

i could go on for hours, but nah.



hit up the safari the other day. with my money. it was sweet!!


lazin' around. don't be fooled, apparently some woman was dropped a few years ago. left the car for 30 seconds.


herbivorous


these guys were fighting. pretty sure it was the rut.


fat fucks.




homeboy wanted a piece o' my lady. almost got ugly...



whitus tigerus


i gave this thing grass and carrots. it gave me handfuls of saliva.



rode the hell out of this thang! pretty badass i must say.

7 comments:

Robin said...

Spewsie, don't jump to conclusions. People keep making out like everyone occupying is doing it because they're just jealous and they want more stuff. But it's about addressing the fact that inequalities keep growing EVERYWHERE and that the people pulling the strings think that money and growth are the only signifiers of improvement and don't give a fuck about social welfare. People born with privilege shouldn't just be happy with it and shut up, they have the responsibility to use what they've got and act to help people who don't receive that privilege. Don't be a hater, it's a really good cause, and no one's perfect but at least they're trying and they're making a stand. xx Robin

asian mikey said...

a comment! whoo!
i don't necessarily think people are jealous and want more stuff, i just think they're blind to the fact that we ARE the rich motherfuckers. i'm not sure why everyone wants to think that it's someone else who has all the money.

and i'm not so much a historian as a fan of social sciences, but the inequalities seem to have been quite steadily in place throughout written history. i don't know if equality is really attainable. everyone i know is going to have to give away a whole lot of their shit for that to happen. i'm all for a bit o' protest though.

Robin said...

Here's a sweet graph (thanks wikipedia) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:United_States_Income_Distribution_1947-2007.svg
I think that this movement does call attention to the fact that inequality is global and it will probably make everyone who is protesting far more aware of their place in it. Also it's not as simple as giving things away so that everyone has the same amount, it's about changing the global system which accumulates wealth in one area and privileges one kind of person above all others. Even if we levelled everyone today the wealth would all start flowing in that direction straight away. It’s easy to think of the situation as ‘natural’ but it’s a case of not seeing the forest for the trees.
Global inequality and national inequality are symptoms of the same disease, they’re both caused by gigantic, unregulated corporations that are allowed to place profits over people and the environment, so it’s not pointless for middle-class Westerners to protest the 1% in their countries because it’s that 1% which is causing problems globally. And hopefully it will reflect back onto them the ways that they’re complicit in the same system and we can all make an effort to change our impact on the world.
Can you tell I’m SUPER EXCITED about this?

RickyBobby said...

Well said Uncle San. Maybe those stupid f**** could be a part of the higher percentage if they got a job and stayed out of the park. Isn't that where the bums live? And don't the bums in this country have it better than the highest 1% in some other countries? If peeps don't like capitalism they should move to say, Cuba. Life looks pretty sweet over there.

We are stoked to get some free tickets to the J. I wanna ride in the truck that looks like a zebra.

electrobrain said...

Despite all the waving of the 99% vs 1% flag, I think the protests are about more than inequality of wealth. I agree with what you're saying as far as some of the people involved not recognizing that they have it pretty good in relation to so many people in the rest of the world. I'm living in Haiti and there are conditions here in Port au Prince that are really, really rough; I'm looking at some of that inequality square in the face, daily.

BUT... I'm not Haitian. I can't vote in their elections, I don't play a part in the decisions they make as a nation. I'm here to help and I'm doing what I can, but it doesn't change that I'm American and that there are things I can effect in my own country in ways that I can't in others. It's reasonable to compare what we - many, anyway - have at home to what other countries do or don't have, but I think it's also good to look without making comparison and ask: what we can do better? What's broken that we can fix?

Also, consider that in a global(izing) economy, the actions of the countries with the most wealth can have effects on the rest of the world. Some of the corporate practices that movement is calling out have negative repercussions well beyond our borders. There are far too many laws that favor big money in general and corporations very specifically and the entire democratic process is undermined.

Since our votes and dollars contribute to actions which tend to leave people at home and abroad worse off, aren't we complicit to the extent that we should be taking action? That's what I see the Occupy movement as doing. It's not perfect, granted, but then it really can't be expected to be.

That's why I support it, anyway. My $.02... and then some, probably.

Also: will you look at that white tiger?! Holy shit, what a badass.

asian mikey said...

that's fucking interesting man. i guess i just don't see it as a genuinely selfless endeavor.

heading into my 30th lucky year as a white american male, i would masochistically love to see the rest of the world have a turn on my level. but what's the next step anyway? is it not the shit system so firmly in place that allows people to kick it in a park for a few weeks? once the fuckers are toppled, who takes over? all too often dick leaders are overthrown just to be replaced by a fresh crop of fuckin dicks.

Aaron Actual said...

Yo, I really liked your pictures of animals and witty captions, as always. And about the other thing: I thought it was pretty laughable, too.